[lacie-nas] JTAG EdMini

Albert ARIBAUD albert.aribaud at free.fr
Wed Jul 2 08:44:52 CEST 2014

Hi Felix,

Le Tue, 01 Jul 2014 22:50:43 +0200, Felix Matouschek
<felix at matouschek.org> a écrit :

> Hi Albert,
>
> > Check individual cable wires for continuity, and *also* check
> > adjacent wires for short-circuits. You can also connect the cable to
> > the ED Mini V2 and check continuity on Gnd and Vcc with respect to
> > other points on the board, e.g. Gnd and Vcc on the console+xilinx
> > connector.
> >
> > Also double-check that you have pin 1 of the cable matching pin 1 of the
> > turtelizer, and ditto for the ED Mini V2.
>
> I tried some of this stuff and also resoldered everything...

... and no difference I gather; otherwise you'd have mentioned it.

> Theres something that came into my mind....
> Is there a difference between the ED Mini V2 and the Ethernet Big Disk?
> I got no case, only the PCB and it says ED Mini V2 on the PCB, yet the
> PCB looks like one out of an Ethernet Big Disk.
> It also has 2 SATA Ports...
>
> I'm not quite sure as the pictures of the real ED Mini V2 are a bit
> blurry... but the pads on the bottom site of the board near the J11
> connector have no resistor soldered in.
> Could this be the problem?

The simplest way is that you and I take non-blurry pictures of our
respective ED Mini V2 boards an compare them. Be sure to mark your
pictures somehow, so that we don't make any mistake -- I'll tag mine
with an "AA" in one corner.

> Greetings,
> Felix

Amicalement,